Sheetmasking at home is probably one of the most convenient ways for busy girls to save time. Keeping a handful in your bathroom cabinet will come in handy after a long day at work. You wash your face and apply one on your face for a little bit and you will feel the moisture and nutrients soaked into your skin in no time.
However, simply applying a sheetmask on your face doesnt’ mean that you’ll reap all the benefits! Here are some skincare tips on how you can get the most out of your sheetmask.
- Washing your face thoroughly with a gentle cleasner is a must before applying sheetmasks. Removing any dead skin will help absorb the serum on the sheetmask because no matter how amazing the ingredients are for your skin, if there’s no room for your skin to absorb the product, it wont be able to work properly.
- Using a steam towel before using a sheetmask is a great way to open up your pores. However, if this seems like its adding an extra step, you can hover over a sink filled with hot water.
- After you’ve washed your face and applied toner, apply a small amount of essence around your eyes and mouth area to prevent it from drying out. Because these area usually have large openings, your skin will dry faster.
- Apply the right type of sheetmask for your skin type. Each sheetmask comes with a different recommended time so just because you leave it on longer doesn’t mean its better!
- Experts usually recommend leaving on for 15-20 minutes and Cellulose bio sheetmasks are recommended at 30-40 minutes.
- After removing the sheetmask, apply moiturizer or night cream to seal in the serum for newly hydrated skin!